My Little Family

My Little Family

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chicken with Bacon Mushroom Sauce

So I decided to make something in the crock pot today since my oven was being used to make fruit leather (post to come later about that).  I found a great new recipe which I doctored up a bit.  It turned out really good except my chicken was a little dry.  the flavor of the sauce was great and would great just with pasta by itself!  Here is the recipe:

Chicken with Bacon Mushroom Sauce:

4-5 chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
2 small cans of mushrooms (optional: we love mushrooms so this was my addition)
2-6 strips of bacon (depending on your taste. I added two while it was cooking and then added 4
                                more to the sauce afterwards)
Noodles or Rice

Place chicken in crockpot (frozen or thawed....I would do frozen next time, I think that is why mine was dry).  Mix together cream of mushroom soup and sour cream (this is where I added the mushrooms and 2 strips of bacon).  Pour over the top of chicken and cook on low for 4-5 hours until chicken is done.

Then I took all of the sauce out and placed it in a pan on the stove to thicken it up.  It becomes quite runny from cooking.  I started with 2 teaspoons of cornstarch and 2 teaspoons of water to thicken the sauce.  You can add more or less depending on how thick you want your sauce.  Serve with noodles or rice.  Next time I want to try it with egg noodles but I was out of them!  ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment