My Little Family

My Little Family

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Long Hard Summer.....Excited about Fall!

So I haven't posted in about 6  months.....Needless to say it was a rough hard summer.  My daughter turned one in April and then after that my nephew was born in the beginning of May.  Things were looking really great for the summer.  Until the middle of May.  My grandmother who had Alzheimer's disease for 7 years began to decline rapidly.  She and I have always been close.  When my daughter was born in 2010 they became really close...I know that is hard thing for some to comprehend but my little girl and my wonderful grandma had a bond that I have never seen with someone so small.  We would visit at least once a month if not more and they would play and my grandma would sing to her.  Although her beautiful music never made much sense my daughter always found it wonderful to dance and move to!  Sadly this disease made her stop eating and drinking and she lost her battle and went home to be with Jesus on May 20, 2011 at the age of 87.   She also got to go home to be with my grandpa, whom she hadn't been with since he passed away 25 years ago.  I was rocked to my core.  You see, there hadn't been anyone that passed away in about 20 years in our family.  She held a lot of us together.  I really found the lord again after she passed.  I began attending church with my husband and daughter on a regular basis, I pray so much during the day, and I really praise God for all of the good things in my life.  He is the reason for everything and everyone! 

After my grandmother's passing my great uncle (my mom's godfather) passed away, then a close family member on my dad's side, and then my husband's great aunt passed away of cancer at 58.  That was four people in less than 8 weeks.  So by July it was rough going....but things were beginning to look up.  The weather was beautiful and it was time to enjoy summer.  Then came August......another rough month.  We had just spent the weekend up north and I wasn't feeling the best.  I ended up in the emergency room getting a spinal tap to find out if I had meningitis.  Which I did....not the deadly kind...thank the good lord!!!  I was sick for 2 weeks and used up all of my favors!  Now that my illness was gone it was back to enjoying what was left of our very short summer.

In the midst of all of these bad things going on.....one great thing was on the horizon for me.  I had stopped talking a one of my very best friends and 2 1/2 years ago.  I don't want to get into the whole story but both of us did things we weren't proud of.  She reached out to me shortly before my grandmother passed away.  We were finally reconnecting like we both were secretly hoping to do for a long time.  We each secretly "stalked" eachother on facebook.  When we go together for the first time after 2 1/2 years....it was like we never missed a beat.  Just like nothing had ever come between us.  The lord brought us back together at the perfect time.  We are both going through a lot of the same things and now we have someone to talk to and lean on.  Thank you lord for brining her back into my life when I least expected it and when I needed her the most! 

I was sewing a lot and creating a lot of different bags and dresses for my daughter.  I hope to begin posting on a regular basis again.  I think with winter coming I will probably stuck inside a lot with a lot of time on my hands!!  Keep your eyes peeled for new projects and I want to start posting recipes that I try and love!  God Bless and Be Safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment